Monday, May 18, 2009

Me and Person X vs. Person X and I

Okay. I know that the "proper" way to say it would be "Person X and I". I know that I might say it "Me and Person X". Do I need to be reminded of this EVERY time I say it "incorrectly"? Don't think so.

Josh interrupted my sentance today, to correct my grammar at freaking 6AM, when I was half asleep, tired, no, exhausted and BEFORE I'd had my morning coffee.

So, as most of us do at 6AM, while half asleep and exhausted, I blew up at him. I mean, really? Really? Is it THAT important that you can't let it slide? Is it that important that you have to rudely interrupt me while I'm in the middle of a sentence?

And as a side note, because I got up at 6AM, the cats were fed an extra time. They pestered me (not allowing me to eat my breakfast until they had theirs) until I finally gave in. I fed them half their morning intake. I think they suckered Josh into giving them the 2nd half, but I only found this out after I had fed them what I thought was the 2nd half. Sneaky, fat, fat cats.

I'm not going to remember for next time. Its not how I write, obviously. It's called speaking. The spoken word I feel is allowed to be a little un-grammatical. I mean, seriously. If we Americans were to stick to "formal English" we'd be speaking like Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist. I am certainly not asking for more of that.

Not to sound like all I'm doing is bitching in this post and not that I'm saying I should let a little thing like that ruin my morning, but I was honestly fuming (and telling him off for being super obnoxious) for a good 20 minutes before I finished getting ready to leave for my early morning GoGorilla promotion. I made $100 before I even got to the office...woohoo!!

Just in case anyone doesn't understand: Liz does not equal a morning person. I am like the antithesis of morning...and getting up when it's dark, like I did this morning, is just downright against nature. Josh knows this and yet he tempted the Beast that is Liz in the morning.

One might ask "why was Josh up that early? How did he even have the mental facility to correct something so stupidly trivial?" The answer is that he was just getting to bed as I woke up. He's been having bouts of insomnia recently. And by insomnia I mean the inability to sleep during normal sleeping hours. He will go to bed when I get up, and sleep until 5pm. Not a small wonder that he can't go to bed when I do. This happens every few months and takes about a week to re-regulate. During this week I also have insomnia. And by insomnia I mean, getting up at 7AM to go to work, trying to go to bed at midnight, but unable to sleep because Josh is restless. Last night he was eating popcorn so loudly that I could hear it through a closed door. Damn my good hearing!! At least he gets to sleep during the day.

That all being said, the promotion went well. We were promoting Newsweek, giving out free coffee and postcards. The only thing that could have been better is if I had worn gloves or it had been warmer. One of the two. : ) Hopefully I'll get another call soon. I love making $40/hr for doing pretty much nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment